Wednesday, February 13, 2013

turning two

"Turning two must be easy to do,
I just blinked my eyes and it happened to you"


I can hardly believe Frannie is already 2 years old.
It seems like we were just bringing her home yesterday:

 
She is so full of life. She is just starting to take care care of her baby dolls, and she loves to make cake in her pretend kitchen. Then she brings it around for everyone to sample. She makes a mean "chock-it" (aka chocolate) cake. She also serves tea, but be careful... 
It goes like this: (huge grin) "Tea?" (holding out a cup for you)
"Oh, thank you" (You go to take a sip)
"HOT! HOT!"
It's only slightly worrisome how much pleasure she takes from you almost (pretend) burning your tongue.
 
She can count to 10, and she loves to draw... on pretty much anything but paper. She typically prefers to draw in her coloring books with an ink pen rather than colors, I'm guessing because that what her parents and big brother do. She is a way better sleeper than her big brother has ever been. She is still sleeping in her crib, and it's working so I really don't want to mess with that. Still no attempts to climb out- I wonder how long this will last?
 
She is also terribly independent. I knew this day would come since she comes from a very long line of strong, independent women. Hell bent on making their own mistakes. I still feel blessed everyday that she is in my life. I wish I could slow down time a little bit; I'm trying so hard to freeze these memories in my brain.
 
 
The world is a better, brighter place with Frannie in it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment