Thursday, September 29, 2011

one lucky lady

I am one lucky lady. For many reasons. But one of the main ones is because I get to be married to this handsome guy:


That was us, the week of our one year wedding anniversary. It was the 4th of July, and we were on top of a mountain somewhere in Washington state. One of the most beautiful places I have ever been. Jase "gets" me. Now, I do NOT mean that he can read my mind, but it still freaks me out when he finishes my sentences or can tell what's going on before I say over the phone. I am so grateful to have him as a friend, companion, co-parent, and my personal IT-tech-help-line-guy.

Yesterday, I called him freaking out because my computer crashed, locked me out of the system, the screen was flashing, and making horrible noises. Usually when I call he asks me to turn my computer off and back on. So this time, I did that first. Ha! I knew this time it was for sure a goner. He calmly asked me to tell him everything that happened. I tried, during my slow panic attack, to explain. Then he asked me if I had anything sitting on any of the computer keys. THIS GUY. As I looked around my office for hidden cameras, I told him (once again) he was right.

He also owns my heart because I got this text from him yesterday: "You know you're married to a nursing mom when you strip the bed and find FOUR BURP CLOTHS!!! Not to mention 2 shirts a pair of glasses and a pack of diaper wipes :-)"

Unfortunately, he was not exaggerating at all.

It's so hard for me to put in to words how this man completes me. I know we argue and aren't perfect, but at the end of the day I can't close my eyes without my other half.

1 comment:

  1. My eyes just filled up with tears. This is the sweetest, most genuine love letter I have ever read. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete