Thursday, January 5, 2012

just another typical morning

Getting Tripp dressed each morning is a nightmare challenging, and typically taken on by Daddy. You have to give him a few outfits to choose from, and really make each one sound appealing. Jase is particularly good at this part :) This morning one of the options was a camouflage shirt Tripp hadn't worn before. He quickly said no to that, but agreed after Daddy explained that this was a special shirt that dinosaur hunters get to wear.

Not long after that...

Tripp hollered "Mama, look at this!" I came down the hall to find him shining a flashlight on an antique radio we have from Bub, Jase's grandfather (and Tripp's namesake). He looked at me with wide eyes and said "Look, I found a dinosaur". I said "Oooh (and reaching out) can I pet it?" He quickly jumped in front of it holding up both hands, "NO! Don't touch the dinosaur!!" Then he would tilt his head from side to side examining it. Is there anything better than a kid with a great imagination?

Jase and I put Tripp's coat on at least 4 times this morning, and he said it kept "falling off". Even when it was zipped... Sometimes it is really hard not to laugh. Then I opened the door, and said "C'mon let's get in the car". Tripp walks out. I turn and pick up purse, pump, and coffee. Turn back, and Tripp is in the middle of our next door neighbor's yard. I holler for him to come back, trying to lure him with juice, cereal (anything). He responds with a sing-song-y "noooo" and takes off. I chase him down, "wrasle" him in the car, and we're off singing "this little light of mine" on our way to school. He especially loves the hide it under a bushel part, screaming NO and then laughing each time.

Frannie's still sick at home fighting this virus with all of her might. We are so thankful for Aunt Alli and Aunt Adri for playing and snuggling with her this week and helping us out.

I promise, we know how lucky and blessed we are at this fresh start to a new year

No comments:

Post a Comment